Welcome to SHELF v4
What's new in this version?
SHELF version 4 is a significant upgrade from version 3, featuring:
- Additional advice for organising and conducting SHELF elicitation workshops,
in the form of new documents covering discrete quantities, the new extension method
and how to handle many quantities of interest.
- Two new SHELF 3 templates. One is designed for eliciting judgements about a discrete quantity of interest.
The other is for the extension method, which can be used to elicit judgements about a single quantity
by conditioning on another quantity, or to elicit a joint distribution for two or more quantities
that are not judged to be independent.
- A new PowerPoint slide set to assist with the extension method.
- Supporting software for implementing the extension method.
- An example of a completed SHELF 3 Extension template.
Registering your interest in SHELF
Before you download the package, please consider registering with us, so that we can see how
much interest there is in SHELF.
We have a very simple registration form,
and if you would like to receive future announcements about SHELF you can also opt to join our mailing list.
The main package of SHELF is delivered as a Zip file; click here
to download. The package comprises many files, so it is important for you to first read the overview
document "SHELF Overview.pdf".
In this version, the SHELF software is not included in the main Zip package, but is provided
separately as an R package and is available on CRAN. Full details and installation instructions are given in
Last updated: 19 June 2019
Maintained by: Tony O'Hagan